This creamy, low carb chicken chili couldn’t be easier! Toss the simple ingredients in your slow cooker and enjoy this slightly spicy chili on a cold winter night!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours (low setting), 4 hours (high setting)
Total Time: 4 hrs, 5 min – 8 hrs, 5 min depending on the setting
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 1-15 oz. can Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 1-15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 8 oz. diced green chiles hot, mild, or combo of choice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese (full fat)
- 1/4 c. Half & Half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- Sliced jalepenos
- Sliced avocado
- Dollop of sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Low carb tortilla strips
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, beans, green chiles, chicken broth & cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to large mixing bowl & shred, then return to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and Half and Half, stir. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Season with optional salt & pepper to taste
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings
**Recipe inspired from The Chunky Chef